Tuesday 7 August 2007

A wish for roaming!

I have a wish right now - and that is to be able to roam!

I travel quite a bit, and I always bring my phone with me - obviously I want to be communicating as much as I normally do when travelling abroad. So what does it actually cost me?

I've got Three in Sweden and it can cost up to 10-20 SEK (about 2-3 euros) per minute to call when I'm abroad. Naturally something that doesn't make sense.

So, either I get a local pre-paid sim card when I go abroad, and use Rebtel to make all calls local calls or I get one of the few options with SIM cards that are global - like Roam4Free or LetsRoam but their benefit is mostly that it becomes free to recieve calls. Still it can cost as much as 4 SEK to make a call (0.5 EUR) even though I'd use Rebtel to get the best rate and buying SIM cards all over the place is an hassle.

Anyone got any more ideas?

No comments: